Monday, June 9, 2008

Pineapple Motif Revisited
My clients Mari and Nick are getting married next month at the Kahala Hotel and Resort. A beautiful hotel on the east side right on the ocean with beautiful dolphins in their lagoons! At any rate, Mari asked me after the Martha Stewart Show if I would have the time to design her table cards and also her ring pillow.

Here's a recap of her invitations and how the design of the table cards was worked in as well as her ring pillow. She sent me a swatch of her bridesmaid dresses so that I could match the pink. I think it came out to be pretty darn close! She wanted pink roses to match her bridesmaid dresses and then a green cymbidium orchid to tie the green back in. I hope she'll be happy with the way things turned out. We used the pineapple illustration that my brother created for me a couple of years ago as the backdrop and she wanted Hawaiian words and the English translation instead of the standard table numbers. We put mini brass pineapple charms in the corners to tie the brass pineapple charms from her invitations. The cardstocks used all matched the ones used in her invitations!





No comments: