Monday, September 8, 2008

Giving Back to the Community... Nordstrom Elementary School Family Fun Night
While on vacation, my oldest brother left me a voice message asking if I would participate in his kids' elementary school's Family Fun Night. I was so out of it, that I totally forgot to discuss it with him and he reminded me the day we got back into town. So here I am frantically putting things together to sell. It's kind of like luau night, Hawaiian food from The Hukilau Restaurant, games, raffle drawings and craft booths. The money made goes to Morgan Hill's Nordstrom Elementary School's Home & School Club. As my son goes off to pre-school tomorrow, I realize how important education is for our young ones and how raising money for our children's education is helpful. So because I love my 2 nieces and 1 nephew to pieces, I of course agreed. I'll be doing a 15 minute demonstration for the parents and children attending the event (300-400 people)! I'll be selling items such as these as well as some hair flowers. I will be donating a percentage of my sales back to the Home & School Club.

I'll also be donating one of my larger vase arrangements as a raffle prize. One lucky winner will be going home with this beautiful Hawaiian Elegance piece!


1 comment:

Tinygami said...

That is so great! You're the best Diane. You must be so tired though.