Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Destination Wedding Bouquet - Tropical Flowers and Tiffany Blue

Elizabeth came to me a couple weeks ago and asked me if I could do her hair flowers for her destination wedding in Mexico, Playa Del Carmen. So of course, I gave her a quote. Then she asked me to make her guest book because she wasn't happy with the one she had already purchased. So I agreed to that. Well, she then asked me if I could do her bouquet, boutonnieres, and corsages. It's funny how once brides see my work, it spirals into so much more. Which I love don't get me wrong!
She was very worried that the bouquet she was planning to get once she arrived in Mexico would not be to her liking and wanted to have something she LOVED. So her requests were gardenias at first and as she looked through my sites she finally just told me a mostly white bouquet, but with hints of Tiffany Blue and yellow. I thought the yellow rose was odd, but she's from Texas so maybe she wanted to tie in where she's from... The yellow rose of Texas.

At any rate, this is what I came up with for her destination wedding. I didn't think the yellows and Tiffany Blue would go together, but they somehow do. It's funny, I think not being from an art background I'm often pleasantly surprised at what colors work. I guess I should spend more time with the color wheel! LOL.

I still have her guest book to finish, but I wanted to share the photos that I took today of her order.
Best Wishes Elizabeth and I can't wait to see photos!

No comments: