Monday, December 8, 2008

Custom Cake Topper - Collaboration with The Flirty Bride!

A few months ago, Stacie Tamaki asked me if I could make her 3 green cymbidium orchids for a custom cake topper or should I say desk decor for our wedding colleague and friend, Evonne Wong of Events by Evonne. So I agreed. The inspiration comes from a post that Stacie did on the Flirty Guide blog and Evonne asked if Stacie could make her custom dragonflies. The inspiration comes actually from Evonne's tattoo which has a dragonfly flying above cymbidium orchids. So Stacie and I collaborated and she told me what she was envisioning and this is how it turned out. I haven't spoken to Evonne since she left for San Francisco, but I'm sure she was floored and happy with how it all came together. I really enjoyed the opportunity to collaborate with such a wonderful designer, Stacie Tamaki of The Flirty Bride and hope this may lead to more collaboration opportunities. :) She does amazing work with beads. I thought I am crazy with making clay flowers, but she's even crazier than me with what she can do with beads. I can't wait to show you one of her custom cake toppers. Coming hopefully later today! An exciting project that a group of wonderful wedding professionals in the Bay Area collaborated on last month! Very exciting so stay tuned for that.... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm very much looking forward to collaborating again and often Diane! Thanks for this post :D