Saturday, January 17, 2009

DK Designs - New Look for 2009

My goal for 2009 is to give my website a fresh new look. Granted that will take some time since I do everything from my website, blog, marketing, accounting, sales, oh and not to mention making flowers and wedding stationery. Until that happens, I decided to give my blog and my Etsy site a new face lift. I realized that when people come to my blog or my website, they don't automatically know what I do unless someone has told them. So I fell in love with some images I took for my exclusive design work for a customer and decided to use it for my branding for 2009.

(www.dkdesignshawaii.etsy.com banner)
You'll see it in my thank you card stationery, business cards and postcards, blog, Etsy site and more. Since I finally have a logo that I am happy with, I will use that for my website header to establish branding, but I figured that just an orchid doesn't define my company. I want people to associate DK Designs with Clay Flowers and of course Wedding Stationery. My first love and passion however is the clay flower so that's why I chose that image over stationery.
(This is the front and back design of my 2009 postcard to give to potential clients.)

Anyway, I'll be interested to see what you all think of my "fresh" new look!

10 comments:

Events by Evonne, LLC said...

I love the new look, Diane... great colors! :)

Heidz said...

Loving the new look, it really pops! Makes me long for warmer weather :)

DK Designs said...

Thanks Heidi and Evonne! Your comments really mean a lot. I LOVE the new look too. TOTALLY vibrant and catches the eye. Just wait until I give my website a facelift! I'm working on it. Hopefully by next weekend it will be live. Hopefully... :)

DK Designs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debi said...

I would love to be a part of your "Real Weddings" section on your website along with a story/testimonial on how everyone surrounding our wedding (my vendors and guests)were amazed with the flowers.

Just a thought.

DK Designs said...

Debi - I would love to have your wedding as part of my Real Weddings section. I still have to contact your photographer to get the images. If you have them you can always send them to me and when I do my update, it'll definitely be up there. :)

Debi said...

I/We paid for all the rights to our high resolution images. (and have the documentation as well) What's sad is once we paid for everything, he has yet to give us our wedding album with the actual prints. If I had to do it all over again,I never would have hired him.

However, our wedding guest Brent B. is an aspiring young wedding photographer and the images are simply INCREDIBLE! Had I known his talents before hand, I would have hired him! He photographed our reception as a gift to us and did amazing work. We have a huge 24x48 photo he took hanging above our fireplace.

I'm hoping to still have Peter Holcombe do my trash the dress session once I'm feeling a bit better.

Anyhow... bottom line is.. I'll get you pictures!

DK Designs said...

Awesome, just let me know which photographer took what shots and I'll give them both photo credits. :) Can't wait. If it makes you feel any better, it took us a whole year to get our's back, but partly because our photographers do all their own developing and printing. Hope you're feeling well soon!

Tinygami said...

I love the new header images. One tiny comment... If your header is now white bckground perhaps some color on the background of the page to contrast would make it pop more? So that the header really stands out? The white header on white background blends together a bit too much?

A green a lighter shade of the green on the vase in the photo would look really nice and blend with all of your other flowers.

Very subjective opinion but that was my knee jerk impression :o)

DK Designs said...

Stacie.. LOL, now you tell me.. Good comment, I actually thought about that, but that'll be for another revision of modifications, maybe when I get my photo galleries updated, I'll also modify the color of the page background. :) I really appreciate the feedback.
I'm uploading my new website now, so you'll have to check it out.