Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Spring Everlasting... DK Designs Floral Arrangements in the March Issue of Gentry Magazine!

Spring is in the air! I think it goes without saying that most of us are ready for the sunny and warmer weather, I know I am. I got a great surprise today from Jodi Murphy who is a contributing writer for Gentry Magazine and Gentry Design, writing the At Home Column, Kitchen and Bath Department and feature Interior Design stories. The March issue includes a short but wonderful write-up about my clay floral designs for the home! The digimag version will be available soon, but here's a couple of shots of the cover and the actual article that Jodi sent to me today.

Jodi asked me if I could send her some photos of my work for an article she was doing on Spring Entertaining. I didn't have time to work on a specific piece, but sent her several arrangements via pictures to see if anything caught her eye. This is HUGE for me and DK Designs. A new door opening of possible opportunities in the interior design community! Hmmm... maybe clay flowers will be a household name in many homes around the Bay Area. I'm really excited about possibly venturing into this and creating larger, more creative pieces for homes! Imagine, your own one of a kind flower sculpture or vase arrangement that no one else has!



None of this would have been possible without Lea McIntosh, Lea introduced me to Jodi after her Ready to Propose launch and Jodi realized that the flower in the video was made out of the same material in the arrangement I gave to Lea months ago. Lea asked me to create a small piece so Jodi could show it to the editor of Gentry Magazine and the editor was showing her entire staff because she couldn't believe it was handmade out of clay! Lea is one of my mentors, someone who inspires me to be all that I can be and to try new things. She's the queen of amazing ideas and I'm so fortunate that I've had the opportunity to work with her and that she believes in me enough to introduce me to some influential people in the interior design community! Women with creativity and a desire to empower those with creativity ROCK! Thank you Lea and Jodi for this amazing opportunity to share my love for clay art with the Bay Area community!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diane, Your work is beautiful and amazing! Every bloom you make is made with heart and speaks for itself. It was my pleasure to share your incredible talent. Thank you for such a nice acknowledgment. You REALLY did all of the work and made it happen...and Jodi, of course! : )

-Lea McIntosh

DK Designs said...

Thanks Lea! I really couldn't have even come across this opportunity without you and Jodi so thank you! I'm so appreciative for all the wonderful opportunities and experiences I have been given! I LOVE what I do and I'm hoping that this will be the start of a new chapter in the art of clay flowers!

Anonymous said...

Very cool, Diane. I love the GENTRY magazine, especially their wedding issue!

Unknown said...

W O W Diane - I am soooooooooooooooo happy to hear more and more great news about DK Designs becoming famous - you definitely deserve all of the awesome recognition you are getting - YOU GO GIRL!
XO,
cher

DK Designs said...

Thanks Evonne and Cher! It's been a great ride thus far and I'm enjoying all the new adventures that come my way!

Anonymous said...

I wish the entire column could have been about you! I think your work is wonderful and I can't wait to show it to all my designer friends.

DK Designs said...

Jodi - you're so sweet... Well, maybe I just might have to start creating some really stunning home decor pieces that will wow them! Looking forward to the possibilities! You're the BEST!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting featured in the magazine! That is such a great exposure for your work.