Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Very Special Lei...

For the past 3 years, I've been creating a 3 strand pikake and 2 strand pakalana lei that is mounted in a shadow box with an award plaque for the Hawaii Chamber of Commerce of Northern California's Five Star Aloha Gala. This award has gone to the likes of Sam Choy, Wally Yomanime and June Jones. It truly is an honor to be asked every year to create such an award. I think because the clay flower lei is so unique and not your typical award is why the honorees enjoy them so much. This is a work in progress. I still have some mounting to do to the background, but I just took these shots after I finished the lei itself.
If you'd like to attend the event, visit www.hccnc.com. I've been super busy today making the flowers for various display pieces I will be selling as well as a silent auction arrangement as well. Lots of flowers to make!

4 comments:

andrew hsu said...

this might be my favorite of your many creations. well done!

DK Designs said...

Coming from a talented professional and artist such as yourself, I take this as the highest compliment. :)

Emily said...

incredible, diane!

Lea McIntosh said...

Very cool!