Thursday, July 16, 2009

Cake Flowers - Artistic Style Magnolia Flower

My client Jennifer contacted me last month to see if I could recreate a cake flower that she had fell in love with online. The picture of what she fell in love with is the one to the left. At first I thought maybe it was a peony, but this flower has been done in other colors and it really looks more like an artistic version of a magnolia flower.Jennifer's colors are golds, yellows, pinks, oranges and blues. That's kind of a broad color palette, but she's getting married in Jamaica and didn't trust her pastry chef at her venue to recreate it for her. So that's when she contacted me. I was a bit nervous and I think I was somewhat procrastinating working on it, but I realized I had to do it today and so I sat down and tried to figure it out. Luckily I think I came pretty close.
You can be the judge. I had originally quoted her for one large 6" cake flower, but because the petals are so hard to anchor at the base, the flower ended up being 5" and I threw in a slightly smaller one at no charge. I think it will look stunning and be a perfect touch to her destination Jamaica wedding!

No comments: