Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Garden Party with zenatona - New Additions

I'm pretty much done with my arrangements for the Garden Party with zenatona this Saturday. I had hoped to make more, but my creative energy has finally tapped out! Besides, whatever I make will not be dry enough by the time I get on the plane. These are the 12 arrangements that were done as of last night. I had completed these 2 below which was a small container full of gardenias. Who doesn't love a gardenia?
This one below is a sweet little arrangement of blush pink ranunculus and greenish ivory garden roses. So dainty and pretty.
I made a few pieces last night and today that I wanted to share. I figured I didn't have any fall like arrangements so I decided to do one just in time for Halloween and Thanksgiving. I'm still debating if this will be the giveaway piece that one lucky person will receive that day. It's the most expensive piece I created out of all the florals I made for the event. I love the richness of the mango callas, deep yellow roses and the burgundy roses, offset by the light peach colored ranunculus.
I'm very excited about this event and meeting some new people who Debbie has been telling all about my clay floral art. I'm planning to do a demonstration of how to make clay flowers as well so the attendees can get a feel for what I do. :)The above piece probably looks very familiar as I have done it a few times. This time however due to the fact that I will be traveling with some of these last pieces (the rest shipped today), I decided that branches might not be the way to go, so I opted this time for these whimsical greens that I thought added great lines and texture.This particular piece above, was a last minute creation. I had decided that I wanted to try something that inspired me from zenatona's piece, titled, "shine". Debbie captured a beautiful picture of a yellow lily and the colors were so rich and vibrant.
Finally, this one image in particular I love because it's my favorite colored rose, a two tone coral orange with pink! Just lovely. Well, flowers are drying and I'm just finishing up getting my things together and starting some work on some new orders so I better get back to the studio. I will have some great photos to share after my return this weekend! Whatever doesn't sell this Saturday will be posted on my Etsy site so who knows, maybe you'll be the lucky owner of one of these one of a kind creations! BTW, those who attend the Garden Party get a special little favor!

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Goregeous presentation, Diane! Wish I could be there - have a great time and safe travel. You will likely sell all of these pieces...I especially like the fall arrangement - stunning! {clapping}