Monday, December 21, 2009

Some Asian inspired arrangements

Two weeks ago when we hosted the Garden Art Party, one of my friends asked if I could make her something that could be worn as a brooch pin and a hair flower. So this is what I came up with. She wanted something with color and she liked the mum that I had shown, but she wanted it in orange. So this is how it turned out.
She was also searching for something for her Chinese grandmother and so we came up with something that would work. What color? What flower? In many Asian cultures color and flowers have meaning. So I suggested the red peony since red is a lucky color and peony I believe symbolizes prosperity. So this is what I came up with. I had this vase for quite some time and never used it, but it is perfect for the peonies. The red is so striking against the black frame.

2 comments:

marie christine said...

Pure flowers... wonderful !

Suzanne said...

the orange flower is so realistic and beautiful!