Thursday, February 11, 2010

Announcing the Wiinter Issue of Nesting Newbies - A MUST READ!!!



The wave of online/virtual magazines is on the rise. To do it in such a way where you want it to be in print because the images look so good is a challenge. By far, there are some great new virtual magazines in different industries that I enjoy but my most FAVORITE of all is Nesting Newbies! The first issue was awesome, but the 2nd issue is hands down AMAZING! You just have to check it out for yourself.
My dear friend Lea McIntosh, chef and entrepreneur, never fails to serve up nothing short of spectacular in everything she does. This is a classic case in point. The photos, the copy, the recipes just make you want to read more. Nothing can stop her from what she wants to accomplish when she envisions it. I literally see her maybe once every 3-4 months and we need 4-5 hours just to catch up on everything going on.
From decorating the entertaining to cooking, this magazine covers it all. She's got top notch designers and iconic nesters yet she brings it back to reality by giving the newly nested (newlyweds and those new to creating their new home) a way to bring many of these amazing design, entertaining and cooking ideas into their home.Who would have ever thought crockpots were cool? Don't get me wrong, I grew up with a crockpot but as they say, after a while everything tastes the same. When Lea told me she was doing this amazing Crockpot Chic spread with Christopher Peacock I knew she would "rock the crockpot!" The photos of the different menu items she developed are oh so yummy. You want to just eat the pages! It makes me want to go out and buy the cool crockpot trio and have a party! Just look at these pork sandwiches - yes, from a crockpot!I was fortunate to be asked by Lea's business partner, Jodi Murphy who is the editor-in-chief of Nesting Newbies to do a DIY makeover to an old lampshade she was considering throwing out. I have never covered my own lampshade, but she convinced me I was up for the challenge. So we spent a morning working on this lovely lampshade project using beautiful Duralee fabrics! It was a lot of fun and I actually was the photographer for this spread so it was neat to see my photographs in action.
I don't want to give away everything because this issue is a DEFINITE MUST READ! I also worked on a Nesting Newbies video production a while back and Jodi asked me to make signs for the photo shoot of their cheese spread and I finally got to see them! The wonderful Natalie Wi of Allure West Studios took some amazing images! Great ideas and a video on how to create the most amazing cheese spread that will have your guests commenting that it's a work of art. Even detailed notes on different cheeses and how to pair them with wines!Last but not least, the another reason I'm blogging about this is to let you know about an amazing giveaway that's happening with Nesting Newbies! One lucky person will win over $1500 in wonderful products including my beautiful peony and cherry blossom arrangement valued at $500! Plus you'll even get a signed, matted and framed piece by zenatona! Both Lea and Jodi are excited with future issues what bluebird bag giveaways they will have!

I'm so proud of my friends and their accomplishments. Literally they have a small group of people working on this project and they spend countless hours perfecting something AMAZING. Nothing short of EPIC! Definitely check out the magazine and enter to win the bluebirdbag drawing!

Note - all images courtesy of Nesting Newbies

3 comments:

Lea McIntosh said...

Your post means so much...Thank you for being part of it all. I am so proud of your creative talent and can't express or share it enough!

Love ya,
Lea

Unknown said...

Ooh, I'll have to check this out!

Lynn said...

Crockpot Chic sounds very intriguing!