Monday, March 29, 2010

More little projects

I've been busy all weekend catching up on little orders and projects. One of my clients wanted to have hair flowers for her son's upcoming wedding. She is a big fan of my work and wanted me to make her hydrangea blossoms for her hair on the wedding day. She wanted light pink ones. So I decided to try to make the centers slightly different than I normally do. I've often seen photos of hydrangeas and they have 4 little stamens in the center. I thought it added some great texture to these cute hair flowers.
I was also working on some new flowers and I've always wanted to try out 5 petal roses. My instructors and I have been trying to develop some new flowers and projects to increase interest in clay classes. This project involves the 5 petal roses which we felt would be much easier for a beginner to grasp and paired it with dendrobium orchids. I decided to my version with light pinks and then contrast with white orchids with bright yellow and magenta centers. Anyway, I liked it so much I decided to offer it on my Etsy site as well. :)

I've got lots of little orders that I completed today and now I'm back to working full time on 2 bridal orders that will keep me busy for the next 2 weeks.

No comments: