Saturday, June 19, 2010

Ivory, White and Blue Bouquet

My client, Rachael came to me a few months ago and at first was thinking she might try her hand at making her own bouquets for her wedding. After a weekend of trying out making her own flowers she realized that she should hire a professional especially for her own bouquets and she didn't have enough time. Granted I made my own bouquets but I had a year to make them. I shared the photos of her bouquet with her today and she was completely happy.This one measures 12" in diameter and is such a stunning bouquet of whites, ivories and blues. Her colors are almost a grayish or slate blue and she initially wanted her hydrangeas to be that color, but after she played around with hydrangeas for her cake topper she asked me to use my best judgment. We decided on whitish ivory peonies, ivory English roses, white and green ranunculus, ivory tuberose and mixed shades of medium and light blue hydrangeas with hints of deep blue and green. I incorporated some green hydrangea leaves out of clay as well.
There are 6 more bouquets of all white hydrangeas with blue centers and 8 boutonnieres and 2 corsages to finish before I can ship this order to the client. More pictures to follow in a couple of days.

No comments: