Thursday, June 10, 2010

Lily of the Valley Hair Comb

As you might recall, lily of the valley is very near and dear to my heart. My late mother-in-law said it was her family's favorite flower growing up and she was always surrounded by it. Clippings from the original plant are still to this day in alive and well. I call this new piece, Kinneally which is her maiden name. I've been wanting to experiment with new hair flower concepts and this is one that I completed this afternoon.A past client asked for a branch of them so I made her two long branches that she incorporated into her low-do and it was stunning. I wish I had photos to share. Maybe soon. At any rate, I thought about doing a hair comb with them and instead of putting peps inside the middle I decided to put Swarovski rhinestone crystals in the centers and hand wire them onto a hair comb. This is a perfect option for brides who LOVE lily of the valley but may not be able to get them. So simple and so pretty!

Check out my Etsy site for all the latest hair flowers available. More to come soon.

2 comments:

Jessie Blum @ Eclectic Unions said...

These are so beautiful! I was just visiting with my best friend, who got married two years ago this June - her dried bouquet is on display in her home, and her florist used fake lily of the valley, since there was no way the real flower was going to hold up in the 100 degree heat we had that day. I wish we had known about your flowers then - she could have mixed in your beautiful clay lily of the valley with her real bouquet. It would have been stunning!!

I can practically smell them just looking at the photo.

Unknown said...

lovely