Thursday, July 8, 2010

Orange, Green and Brown Bridal Bouquet

I have been busy trying to finish orders for upcoming weddings before we go on vacation. I am so in need of a vacation. This summer has been so busy with wedding orders and important projects that I've literally not had much time to stop and breathe. This upcoming vacation will be a chance for me to recharge before I start working on the late summer and early fall orders and there are quite a lot!This bouquet is full of juicy goodness. It's a great departure from the color palettes I've been doing of late. Alison liked a bouquet I did years ago that had orange lilies, red roses and grass elements. We discussed her ideas a little more and the colors she had wanted were orange, green and brown. She wasn't really sure on the flowers other than the lilies. So we exchanged a few emails back and forth and we agreed on the lilies, ranunculus, cymbidium orchids and monkey tail fern curls. It's so lush. Because I didn't want to really introduce magentas and pinks, I used a more burgundy/merlot coloring for her cymbidiums and didn't do a lot of detailing in the throat/mouth. I tried to pick up the oranges, yellows and browns.
Alison sent me an email this morning after she saw the photos and she was floored. She said I did a way better job of what she had envisioned especially when she wasn't exactly sure what she wanted.

Lots to continue to do the next couple of weeks. I have a few little projects I need to tackle, but starting tomorrow, I am working on an all lilac bouquet. This will be my first and possibly my last after my fingers, wrists and hands fall off from making SO many little lilac flowers and buds. Wish me luck! :)

1 comment:

Christina Gressianu Colorado Wedding Photographer said...

Absolutely understatedly stunning! I have to wipe up the drool now.