Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Whites, Ivories, Greens and Browns with a Hint of Teal

Sorry for the lack of blog posts of late. I've been super busy with activities for my son and of course Halloween, but also because I've been busy trying to make flowers and elements for this order that is shipping out tomorrow. This is one of my bigger orders that I had with lots of time consuming elements.
My client, Teri had some ideas of what she wanted but she admitted she is not good with flowers so she gave me a few inspiration photos that she liked and one in particular that she loved. As we got closer to the start of her order, we discussed that she no longer wanted pinks and oranges and greens but rather to keep in line with the colors of her wedding - whites, ivories, greens and browns with hints of teal. She originally was going to have the bridesmaids wear teal colored dresses but ended up changing to a caramel color with teal shoes and necklace. So this is how her bridesmaid bouquets turned out. The flowers in the bridesmaids bouquets were green cymbidium orchids, white freesia, callas, gardenias and monkey tails.Teri asked if I could also make bouquets that she intends to present to her mother and mother-in-law to be. She asked that I create smaller bouquets that matched her bouquet and use the lace from her dress. Teri's bouquet as well as the bouquets for their mothers consisted of gardenias, freesia, callas, succulents, scabiosa pods and monkey tails. This was inspired by a bouquet she fell in love with from a fresh florist in Hawaii.I love the fact that we used Teri's lace and some beading that came from her dress and accented with some photo charms she had made of her grandparents. Such a great memory and a way for her to have them close to her heart on her wedding day.I'm moving onto working on some flowers for an upcoming craft fair next week down in Vista, California as well as gearing up to teach some students out that way. Lots to do and I'm trying to prevent myself from getting burned out!

No comments: