Saturday, October 8, 2011

David Austin Inspired Rose - Cake Flowers

Another Etsy bride asked me if I could make a 4 inch peach rose for her wedding cake. I asked her if she could send me a photo of what she had envisioned. She sent me this beautiful image of one of the David Austin English roses.I've been wanting to work on my David Austin inspired roses more and I got the chance with this order. I still need to work on it, but I love how this turned out, especially with the leaves. The bride specifically asked for some greenery so I made some branches of leaves that are connected to the rose which I think add so much to the cake flower!This would make another great listing on Etsy as a made-to-order item and brides could choose whatever color they wish to match their wedding day colors or theme. The flower measured closer to 4.5 inches and the leaves extended out from there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It's breathtaking beautiful! Really perfect!