Sunday, January 22, 2012

Light Purple Trio of Hyacinth, Lilac and Sweet Peas

Ever since I found these cute vases, I've been spinning my creative wheels thinking up some cute trios of flowers to put in them. My inspiration was from my dear friend Susana at citrusandorange blog! She was redesigning the bedroom of her 2 beautiful daughters and she had stated how she loves lilac and sweet peas. The room was filled with love shades of purple and yellows.
I wouldn't say lilac, sweet peas and hyacinth are new flowers for me, however, for the first time I actually made sweet peas complete with buds, vines and leaves. I did a hyacinth stalk before, but this is the first time I did it with leaves. Single stems and stalks of flowers is just so beautiful and simple.This set is also available in my Etsy shop. LinkOf course, my flowers wouldn't be complete without a dessert to pair with it. :) This time I tried a recipe from Better Homes and Gardens via an Etsy friend of mine who raved about this cheesecake. It's blueberry coconut cheesecake. I substituted macadamia nuts for the pecans. What's not to love about blueberries, macadamia nuts and coconut.

No comments: