Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Lovely Bouquet of Blooms...

It's been insanely busy trying to crank out all my work before vacation (I know I sound like a broken record). My husband has made me promise to get my orders done a week prior to when we leave so I can wind down before vacation. Those who know me well, know that I turn into a stress case when I have orders to fill and vacation is coming. 

I just finished 1 of 3 bridal bouquet orders. I have 2 more to work on. My client Doria originally asked me for a bouquet of whites, yellows, greens and aqua blues. Initially she was thinking she wanted flowers that were aqua blue. After she gave it much thought, she agreed that going with more natural colored flowers would be best. About a couple months ago she informed me her fiance's daughter would be part of the wedding and they wanted to get her a petite bouquet. Her dress is white with little flowers in shades of coral, yellow, lilac purple, and some green. I suggested since she wanted something small for her, that we go with a single 6" peony in creamy yellow to compliment the yellow peonies in Doria's bouquet. She also asked to add these colors into the bridal bouquet. 

So, we decided on creamy yellow peonies, white callas, white plum blossoms with hints of coral, stephanotis flowers with crystal AB rhinestones, white freesia, lilac purple hyacinth, and ranunculus in oranges and corals. I like how the bouquets turned out. 

Hopefully by the end of this weekend I'll have pictures of another bouquet/boutonniere that I'm working on. Lots of lilacs to focus on in the next couple of days. Can't wait to share!

No comments: