Saturday, May 19, 2012

Panna Cotta Favors

The last couple of days, I've been in the kitchen working on some edible favors. My best friend and matron of honor from my wedding asked if I could create the favors for her daughter's Holy 1st Communion. She had been drooling over my photos of baked goods and desserts for several months and asked me to do this.

 So a few weeks ago I shared pics of the packaging design. Here are some photos of the actual panna cotta dessert favors. I did 2 flavors: creme fraiche vanilla bean panna cotta with fresh strawberry mousse and macerated strawberry garnish. The 2nd flavor was honey panna cotta with coffee gelee with cocoa powder and cacao nib garnish. It's the first time I had to make 40 of them, but it was fun. I also did mini shortbread tarts with marscapone honey cream and fresh berries for the dessert table.
 Unfortunately we didn't get to stay since my son was feeling under the weather. The best part though was getting to spend time with her family and catching up.

No comments: